Who do you turn to when things go bad? Do you often seek advice? Some people can’t even make a decision without asking for guidance. We call our parents, siblings, friends and even colleagues.
Life gets really hard at some point, and we all need someone to rely on. Have a problem? Call your best friend. Life puts us in hard situations, and we all need an angel guardian to show us the way.
Some people are really good in giving advices. They know how to say the right words at the right time. They are here to brighten our day and give us their opinion whenever we need a support.
In this article, we have included 17 quotes of wisdom. Remember these when you need or seek an advice.
- “Live like you were dying, Love because you are.” – Mark Green.
- “Never lie in bed at night asking yourself questions you can’t answer.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Don’t be in a hurry to achieve your dreams. Take a day to play with your kids and relax – your dreams will still be there tomorrow.” Lindsey Rietzsch
- “Yesterday’s gone, so has the day before. Don’t let’s waste today arguing about it” -Joan G. Robinson
- “Don’t ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.” – Robert Frost
- “If you have to convince someone to stay with you, then they have already left.” – Shannon Alder
- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “Take time to know yourself. Know thyself. When you know who you are, you can be wise about your goals, your dreams, your standards, your convictions. Knowing who you are will allow you to live your life with purpose and meaning.” – Aristotle
- “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
- “The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week, and you will be surprised.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” – Randy Pausch
- “Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and allow you to commit more.” – Mark Twain
- “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.“- Benjamin Franklin
- “There are no foolish questions, and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions.” – Charles Steinmetz
- “Rule of life. If you bother to ask someone’s advice, then bother to listen to it.” – Sophie Kinsella
Before you give someone an advice, read the following tips.
- The person sitting in front of you needs someone to catch up the tiniest detail. They need you to pay attention to everything they say. This person may not even seek an advice. They may just need to listen to the sound of their thoughts. So, before you give someone an advice, listen.
- Honesty is a valuable gift. Your judgment is the last thing someone needs, especially if they struggle.
- Share your experience. Ask questions to understand the situation. Wear their shoes. How does it feel? Take this into consideration before you give an advice, and be honest about it.
- Emotions matter. You’d never ask an iceberg for an advice, right?
- Give advice only when someone asks you to. Don’t come up with all your experience in knowledge if the person next to you doesn’t need your opinion.
- Frame the real problem and give ideas on the potential solution. Let the person choose what works best for their problem.
- They need to know that they make the final decision, not you. You are here to give an advice and opinion. The rest is up to them.