Smiling is the most powerful gesture. We smile when we see our loved ones, when someone makes us laugh, when we think of some good memories – it’s always associated with something positive.
Smiling reduces stress, and generates more positive emotions within us.
A good oral hygiene prevents gum disease, bad breath or tooth decay, and a bad one may lead to serious complications, including heart diseases.
Try to avoid:
- Sour candies
- Potato chips
- Carbonated drinks
- Dried fruits
There was a research in which scientists from Harvard University found that gum disease could cause pancreatic cancer.
Plaque is caused by the mix of bacteria in your mouth and food byproducts. Your teeth are covered in plaque, which turns into tartar and that may lead to inflammation and gum disease.
An improper oral hygiene causes tartar. In order to stay away from any further complications, the American Dental Association gave the following rules:
- Use electric toothbrushes
- Change your toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Brush your teeth twice a day, using a soft toothbrush
- Brush on the gum line, and every part of your teeth and tongue
- Make sure you always rinse the toothbrush and never cover it
- Keep your toothbrush in an upright position
Here we offer you four recipes that will help you remove plaque and improve your dental health:
- Use this homemade toothpaste: mix equal amounts of baking soda and coconut oil, and then add several drops of essential oil and one and a half tablespoon of Stevia.
- Here, you’ll need a few drops of mint, lemon and anise essential oil, adding them to a glass of water. Rinse your mouth with this 4-5 times a day.
- Keep some coconut oil in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. This will help you destroy bacteria and maintain your teeth white.
- Boil several cups of water, and then add a cup of fresh mint and half a cup of rosemary. Leave it for 15 minutes, and then strain it. When it cools, rinse your mouth.